We are pleased to announce that the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA) and JUSTICE will be hosting a panel debate chaired by Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, with closing remarks from the Right Honourable Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury (President of the Supreme Court), to consider diversity in the senior judiciary and in the Courts of England and Wales on Monday, 20 March 2017.
The panel discussion will consider the opportunities and challenges for reflecting greater diversity at the bench in 2017 and the strengths and recent achievements of the judiciary. Our panellists will also share their thoughts on the future of judicial diversity in light of recent political, social and legal changes including the result of the UK referendum of 23 June 2016 to leave the European Union.
The panel will comprise:
- Right Honourable Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury
- Baroness Shami Chakrabarti CBE (Panel Chair)
- The Rt Hon Lord Justice Hickinbottom
- The Honourable Mrs Justice Maura McGowan
- Karon Monaghan QC of Matrix Chambers, Deputy High Court Judge
- George Lubega, Partner at Nabarro LLP and Adjudicator for the Traffic Penalty Tribunal
- Francesca Kaye, Partner at Russell-Cooke LLP, Deputy Chancery Master and Deputy District Judge, and past President of the LSLA
Venue: Simmons & Simmons LLP, CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9SS
Registration: 5.30pm to 6pm
Panel Discussion: 6pm to 7pm
Lord Neuberger's closing remarks: 7pm to 7.15pm
Drinks and canapes from 7.15pm to 9pm.
This is a ticketed event with all proceeds being donated by the LSLA to fund the excellent work undertaken by JUSTICE.
Tickets are £20.00. Please remember to use your booking reference number when making your payment.
For more details, please see the attached flyer.